Height of Mickey,Donald,Goofy

Thomas Pryds Lauritsen thomas at duckburg.dk
Sat Jan 31 15:45:26 CET 2004

dennis books wrote:
> In the Standard Casting Directory ( July 1930 ) for movie stars looking
> for work, Walt Disney the agent of Mickey Mouse listed Mickeys height as
> 2 feet three inches

According to http://www.ibdprince.com/metric.shtml that would be around
68 cm which is actually quite short. If Donald is app. 85% of Mickey's
height, he would be only app. 58 cm which is much shorter than Tristan's
estimate that Donald's height is around half of that of Walt Disney. I
don't know Walt Disney's height, but assuming he is 180 cm, Donald would
be app. 90 cm.

I wonder if Barks' dog-nose characters are supposed to be the height of
humans, but if so, it seems like Barks saw the ducks as being just above
half height of humans.

--
Thomas Pryds Lauritsen