Italian version of Phantom Blot + request to Norwegian readers

halvor.sandven@dnbnor.no halvor.sandven at dnbnor.no
Fri Jul 16 09:24:00 CEST 2004

I'm making a web-site regarding the Norwegian Donald Duck comic
(www.donaldbladet.tk, sorry it's only in Norwegian). This site shows
highlights from the different years, what artists are used, and more.
One of the features is that when a new character enters the comic, I
will try to write a bit about this one. I'm now working with the year
1965, and this year we see the Phantom Blot for the very first time in a
Norwegian comic. This is of course the very good Murry-story 'The Return
of the Phantom Blot'. (Does anybody know who wrote this story). I have
also read the classic De Maris/Gottfredson story about this character,
in my opinion maybe the best Mickey-story of them all. I looked up this
character in INDUCKS, and saw to my surprise that there were several
Italian Blot-stories between these two stories. I know about the
Matina/Scarpa story 'Topolino e il doppio segreto di Macchia Nera (The
Blot's double mystery), but I would like to know a bit more about the
other Italian stories. How is the Blot treated in these stories? Does he
get to be the mysterious villain of these other stories? Are these
'good' stories that you would recommend? In the Martina/Scarpa story we
see some new tricks from the Blot. The other side of his hood is white,
so that he's hard to see in the snow, and he can also under certain
circumstances turn himself invisible. Are these things also seen in some
of the other stories? As in the Gottfredson-story, this story also shows
us the Blot without his hood. How common is this in later Italian
stories?

----------------------

I also have a little request regarding my site, and this is just for the
Norwegians here. In number 38/65 a new feature was included in the comic
for a while. As part of the back-cover, the readers could cut out a
drawing and fold this in a certain way, and a new picture would emerge
(I think). It was called a 'Tryllebilde'. I would like to show an
example of this on my site, but in my comics these drawings are gone.
Does anybody have a comic from this time where this is intact? If so I
would be very thankful if this could be scanned and sent to mail-address
mikkemus1 at hotmail.com

Halvor

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB NOR cannot
accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.