Little Golden Credits

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 15 01:04:33 CEST 2004

DON ROSA WROTE:

> Note that Western
> Publishings' decades of "Little Golden Books" were published by the same
> company employing the same freelancer writers and artists doing all the
> work
> as published the comics... but every single one of those Disney "Little
> Golden Book" storybooks (which were directed at a much *younger* audience
> than that reading the comics), those storybooks always gave FULL
> credits...
> the only time Barks' original publisher listed his name was when he did
> work
> for those storybooks.

AND I REPLY:

That is, I believe, too sweeping a statement.  I possess a number of LGBs
and other Whitman Publishing juvenile books that simply credit "The Walt
Disney Studio" for story, or art, or both.  But I also own several that do
credit individuals (including Barks and Strobl), unlike ANY of the comics of
that period.

Dan