Death In Disney Comics?

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at alumni.princeton.edu
Wed Jun 23 09:49:42 CEST 2004

JΟΝΑΤΗΑΝ:

> were there ever any other occurrences of death in the Disney
> comics as far as the mouse and duck universe is concerned?

Not just death, but willful murder: I remember reading, in an old Gladstone
issue, a strip (I think by Taliaferro) where Donald ties an anchor on Goofy's
leg and tricks him into jumping off a pier into the sea. Although I can
understand the black humor, I always found it upsetting that this was
published as a Disney characters gag, and even more upsetting that, at a time
when Disney would not allow showing someone having a prune in his pocket, they
had no trouble with this particular strip.

	Kriton.
-----
"We've even got gold tipped bullets for you know what!"
-----