Barks and the refloated ship - scan request

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Jun 23 12:46:35 CEST 2004

In private, someone sent me a scans request. But I can't use my
scanner, because of computer problems.

Can someone help me? Preferably by temporarily putting the scans
online?

Hello from New Zealand. I am a teacher at Napier Boys' High School in
Napier, New Zealand. Some of my pupils are making a video for a
competition. They have decided to look at science and history as it
is shown in comic books and have called their video "Everything I know,
I learnt from comics."

One of the examples that they wish to use is the Carl Barks story that
inspired Kroeyer to refloat the ship in Kuwait. You have a link to a
story on your site here:
http://www.seriesam.com/barks/deta_text_s_pop_science_1965-04.html
which describes it. We were wondering if you had scans of the photos
(and the panels from the comic if possible) that we could use. We
would acknowledge any copyright and your website in the credits.

The closing date is 15 July so we would appreciate a prompt reply.
Thanks, in advance, for your help.

The article has been reprinted in in The Carl Barks Library (page
8C-666). It was originally published on page 118-119 of Popular
Science, April 1965.

The code of the mentioned Barks story is WDC 104.
http://www.seriesam.com/barks/comicswdc100.html#ccus_wdc0104-02

Thanks in advance,

--- Daniël