AW: Death In Disney Comics?

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Thu Jun 24 15:03:36 CEST 2004

+ Bombie the Zombie is (Un-)Dead!
+ Lots of gravestones of dead ancestors in Barks' 'The old Castle's
Secret'
+ Really mean death traps in Gottfredsons Phantom Blot stories.

I see a connection here: Those are the best stories!
Theory: The best humor walks on the brink of tragedy.

Walt was right to propose the Mickey-tries-to-commit-suicide running gag
to Gottfredson: It really is disturbingly brilliant. In fact it reminded
me of André Franqins "Idees Noires". And if Mickey can be viewed is
Walt's alter ego (as I remember reading somewhere) - can we conclude
something about Walt himself?

Cord