Hall of Fame (was: Re: AR 116 - what was the original gag?)

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Fri Mar 5 17:36:50 CET 2004

Mateusz:

> I'd like to learn more about this series (because it will be probably
> published here in Poland). What's the quality of the print? What are the
> articles about?

The "Hall of Fame" will be a series which focuses on the creators. Egmont
will gather the best stories of the creators and collect them in books. So,
we'll get one book about Romano Scarpa, one about Vicar, one about Paul
Murry... One about all the great ones.

Two creators are different, though.

Carl Barks is included in the series. They won't even TRY finding his 150
best pages or something, of course there is too much to choose from. So,
they will instead print about one book a year with Carl Barks. These books
will focus on various themes - so that we simply once a year get a book of
Carl Barks stories with one theme in common.

And... Don Rosa. Instead of printing ONE book with his best stories, they
will print ALL HIS STORIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. A book a year will be
dedicated to Don Rosa.

I understand that a normal book will include
- a long foreword
- an article on how to recognize this artist
- a shorter foreword by the artist himself/herself
- the artist's own introductions to each of the stories

As to the last point: I understand that Romano Scarpa (which book two is
about) was asked to write this, but only had the capacity to write this for
one of the stories.

The quality of the print is pretty great. That's about all I can say about
it.

The first book is already inducksed:
http://coa.inducks.org/coa/c1/issue.php/0/no/HOF+++1

And yes: From what I've heard, this series WILL be published in Poland (I
wrote an article for the Romano Scarpa book which the editor asked me to
translate into English afterwards so that it could be used by those
publishers which does not understand Norwegian, as an example she mentioned
Poland).