A hole through the Earth

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Mar 24 22:34:36 CET 2004

HARRY FLUKS to SØREN OLESEN, 22-03-2004:

> a) The yoyo-effect continues forever

>> This (and your other descriptions) exactly match the story that
>> Daniël mentioned before: the Dutch Geradts/Verhagen story.
>> [H 82022; published by Gladstone in DONALD DUCK #253]

Indeed, the story contains a Yo Yo effect. But as far as I see, the
story doesn't tell if this movement would have been going on forever.
In one panel, Donald wonders if it could be a possibily. That's all
I see.

There's also a part about the hole at one side being filled with water
and then closed with a lid. A multiple thousand litres of water fall
down to the center of the Earth, and the heat turns it into steam. The
cabin pops out at the other side of the hole, which is still open. This
time, the cabin seems to have more speed (because of the steam?) and
gets out of it's direction. It falls down into a lake, some metres away
from the hole.

Even as a kid, I wondered why the cabin suddenly lost it's direction
at the end. Could that have been because of the steam and (apparently)
the higher pressure? Is it possible to explain this, all you engineers
and scientists? :-)

--- Daniël

"Zei je iets, Willem?"