Comic sales/Pete & Alice & Oswald & others

CarmenG@aol.com CarmenG at aol.com
Sun May 9 18:21:45 CEST 2004

I'm encouraged by the sales of Disney comics, but is this count simply the
number ordered by comic shops? Because I've got to say--I see a lot of them
piling up at my comic store; I may be the only one buying them. (And because of
the prices, I don't buy all of them as I used to do.) Does anyone have any other
anectodal evidence of sales?

And forgive me if I'm asking an old question, but are any of the Alice or
Oswald films available for viewing? I teach a film class and I've found some
obscure movies to show, but I can't seem to find these. The Disney Alice shorts
would be interesting, and I'd like to see the Oswalds from both Disney and
Lantz.

In other matters, I'm interested in talking to some Northern Europeans about
an old folktale called "The Bear's Son" or something like that. It's for
another class I teach. Sorry, no comics connection that I can think of, unless Pete
is somehow related!