"new" Australian comics

Mike Devery mdevery at netspace.net.au
Tue May 25 12:48:55 CEST 2004

>Arthur posted: Otter Press in Australia has launched three titles in
>Australia and New Zealand in April, bringing back classic Disney comics to
>Australia after over 25 years.
>----------------------------------
>Derek replied: and I thought the US had it tough. ;)

  it hasn't been quite as bad as it sounds.  There was a short Australian
series in 1984, but more importantly, the American Gladstones and Disneys
were freely available in every local newsagent.  In the very early days,
the Gladstones were even available in some petrol stations and convenience
stores in country areas - mostly stocked by fans who had grown up on Disney
comics.
  The tough question for me now is do I buy the Australian ones as well.
Given they're half the size of the US versions, I definitely can't buy just
Australian ones!

  Mike.