Flemming Andersen in Poland / Cavazzano and Erickson in Finland

Ari Seppi ari.seppi at uta.fi
Mon Nov 1 20:05:05 CET 2004

Mateusz:
>one week ago, on 23th of October, there was a Halloween Party orginised by
>Egmont Poland. Flemming Andersen was the star of the party.

Ha, very nice. Finland and Poland seem to have a similar artist visit
calendar (artist signing occasions this summer and autumn have given a nice
head start for my Grandma Duck picture collection): Vicar was here few days
before his Poland visit that you reported earlier, and a week after your
Andersen visit, we had Cavazzano and Erickson to celebrate a new semi-hard
cover Dragonlords book.

There was also an interview with some interesting information about
Dragonlords series:

[SPOILER SPACE - don't read ahead if you haven't finished the series or do
not mind being spoiled]

Most interestingly: originally Erickson intended to kill Snuffles (Nuuhku
in Finnish, I'm not sure I got the English name correctly), but was
convinced to change the script. They also spoke about the chapter eleven,
sixteen pages of comics without a single one speech or thought bubble and
with minimal text in general. Cavazzano thought it was pretty challenging. :-)

Worked out fine I think, when I first read the story I didn't even notice
the lack of bubbles.

--
Ari Seppi (ari.seppi at iki.fi)
http://www.iki.fi/mani/