Duckburg

Richard lerichard at free.fr
Sat Nov 6 14:56:38 CET 2004

Le samedi 6 Novembre 2004 02:09, Lars Olav Karlsen a écrit :
> on a Carl Barks seminar some days ago someone noted quickly that although
> Barks was not the first to use the name Duckburg he was surely the one that
> made it what it was today.
> Does anybody here know what story Duckburg first was mentioned and who
> came up with that name?

I know nothing like that! As far as I know or knew the first mention of
Duckburg is in the last panel of "High-wire Daredevils" (1944, WDC 49). There
is an earlier name for Donald's city in a Barks story, in WDC 42, "Kite
Weather", as "Quackville" (it's written on the newspaper).

Other towns in Duckburg's area from Barks stories include:

Pumpkinburg (WDC 54)
Pickleburg (WDC 72)
Codfish Cove (WDC 114)
Omelet (WDC 146)

--
I'm not reading mails sent to lerichard at free.fr anymore. To contact me use
f-wi at induREMOVE.also.THIScks (remove the hyphen and add ".org").