Cover Scans

Marvinw marvinw at zahav.net.il
Sat Nov 20 13:33:07 CET 2004

I have submitted cover scans, collected from the web, of 1930's  Mickey Mouse giveaways that are now posted on I.N.D.U.C.K.S. Included is a new entry "Mickey Mouse Magazine Giveaway" which was the first Mickey Mouse type comic that appeared in magazine periodical, i.e. monthly, issues. This was the first MM Mag.series and ran for 9 issues begining in November 1933. This was followed by the second or Diary series which ran until the publication of the third series in 1935 which was the retail,i.e. sold, series which then became Walt Disney Comics and Stories in 1940.
Submitted but not yet posted is a cover scan for the 1931 Mickey Mouse Comic No. 1 which may be considered the first one shot Disney comic. (In the next successive three years, Nos. 2,3,and 4 were issued.) Stay tuned for the scan of No. 1.
Marvin Winitz