The fall of mice comics? / Best Mickey script writer ?

Henri Mathurin thierrypaulin at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 11:01:31 CET 2004

Ridier:

>Who would you consider as the best Mickey comics
>script writer today ?
>
>I am looking for those vwho are still in activity.
>
>Your thoughts ?

Let's know who they are first! To my surprise, there
doesn't seem to be many (at least not many regular
ones). It looks like Mice comics are more and more a
pecularity compared to the amount of Duck comics.

A search on COA's SQL advanced search (which displays
data from Inducks) brings the following - numbers
refer to the amount of stories published in 2003-2004:

 Sarah Kinney 13
 Byron Erickson 10
 Giorgio Pezzin 10
 Paul Halas 9
 Don Markstein 8
 Andreas Pihl 8
 Stefan Petrucha 8
 Rudy Salvagnini 7
 Carlo Panaro 6
 Per Erik Hedman 4
 Stefano Ambrosio 4
 Augusto Macchetto 4
 Gianfranco Cordara 4
 Silvano Mezzavilla 4
 Alberto Savini 4
 Alain Clément 3
 Michael T. Gilbert 2
 François Corteggiani 2
 Frank Jonker 2
 Bruno Sarda 2
 Sergio Tulipano 2
 Dave Rawson 1
 Peter Härdfeldt 1
 Noel Van Horn 1
 Jan Bergmans 1
 Massimiliano Valentini 1
 Andrea Castellan 1
 Sisto Nigro 1
 Marco Bosco 1
 Antonella Pandini 1

I recall Byron Erickson did some good ones. I can't
comment on the others, since credits are most of the
time not published in the French Disney comics I can
get my hands on.