DCML Digest, Vol 20, Issue 2

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Sun Oct 3 16:36:48 CEST 2004

> From: "Heino" <j.heino at kotiposti.net>
> Luckily almost all the duck fans have realised not to support these
sellers
> at ebay and now they're
> wondering where they could sell 'em and the prices have gone down. (Or
every
> possible duckfan
> has already got a drawing and the 3042 drawings left are looking
themselves
> an owner, wandering at
> the empty "comics/disney" section of ebay like zombies.)

Probably because we all realize the novelty value in signed pieces instead
of the monetary value. I would never see some of my hard-earned collection
at their re-sell monetary value, it will just blur the line between a hobby
collector and an investor collector (like the ones plague-ing the USA
superhero comics). so far i've been able to stand firmly on one side. But i
do understand that some people might stumbled into monetary problems which
will force them to sell most of their precious collections, which i feel
sorry for them and i hope i would never ever have to make a similar
decision.

and thanks for the link, never saw that drawing, it's a funny one and i like
the re-creations of Barks' classic covers in some of the comics that the
ducks are holding.

Keep On Quacking,
Arie Fachrisal who doesnt have the moolah to buy signed pieces :-P