Rosa artwork

HoyMurphy@aol.com HoyMurphy at aol.com
Wed Oct 6 15:28:40 CEST 2004

I'm fortunate to have a Rosa original colored drawing framed and hanging in my comics room. It was done for me probably about 12 years ago when Don appeared at a local comics show. I will never sell it, and will pass it down to my son Patrick, who was 6 at the time and is now 19 and in college and asks me each week if there's a new Don Rosa story in my stack of new comics.

During the past few years I've seen Don a the Mid-Ohio Con held in Columbus, Ohio, each Thanksgiving weekend, and I've collected several of his prints, each signed to "Hoy!" or "Patrick!" (always with an exclamation point!) that I treasure and would also have on the wall if I had room.

And not to gush too much, but part of that 2% or so that Don gets each year in the Comics Buyers Guide Awards in the "favorite writer" and "favorite artist" catergoy comes from me and Patrick when we send in our ballots.

So I guess what I'm saying is, "Thanks, Don, for all the pleasure you've given me and my son on both a professional and personal level over the years."

--your pal, Hoy Murphy