Reply to Don Rosa

Anthvvuono@aol.com Anthvvuono at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 18:37:25 CEST 2004

Dear Don Rosa,

>No, I think I made it clear that the Beagle Boys had not >seen $crooge between 1882 and 1902. But I'll think about it. >Still, I don't need them for the story I have in mind. I >already have a villain in the varmint who kidnaps Goldie and >hauls her off to White Agony Valley.   Unchaperoned.

    From what I remember in Chapter 10, it seems like the Beagle Boys haven't seen Scrooge since 1882. However, I think the door does remain open to the possibility that they could have encountered each other at a date before 1902 in some form, maybe without one party recognizing the other. As
you can tell, I have my own story ideas brewing also. I'm glad you said you would think about it, even though it does appear highly unlikely that these characters would be needed for this yarn. Perhaps, one day you could do another story with Blackheart Beagle, a villain I really enjoy to read about
besides Magica DeSpell and your Black Knight, of course.

>Well, what I need are heroes. I'll make sure every living >hero of 1897 shows up in Dawson City to rescue Glittering >Goldie, the Star of the North, from the ruthless polecat who >dragged her off into the wilderness. (If that's what she >wants.)

    On the other hand, I love your view that every hero in Dawson City could come rescue Goldie from that scoundrel McDuck. On a totally different note, could one of those heroes (in a twisted way) be none other than Flintheart
Glomgold. Did he ever journey outside South Africa in his youth? Could he have tried searching for gold in the Klondike also in 1897? Anyways, have a good trip to Greece, and good luck on this next adventure (if you can ever start it).
Sincerely,
Anthony