DCML Digest, Vol 20, Issue 27

Frank Petzold listen at frank-petzold.com
Tue Oct 26 12:19:43 CEST 2004

Hi Ola,

>In Sweden there is a biscuit manufacturer, Göteborgs kex, that includes a
>mini Disney comic in each package. There are in all 15 different comics. I
>have talked to Göteborgs kex and they claim that all the comics should be
>available and by random distributed in the packages. Now I have bought 11
>packages over a period of about six months and this is the outcome. I have
>gotten #2 4 of this, #3 1 of this, #4 2 of this and #7 4 of this. I'm no
>statistics expert but isn't the probabability very small for my outcome ?

I am no expert on statistics and I do not live in Sweden either
- so I do not have the chance to taste these delicious kexes ;-) -
but maybe you should switch to a different shop (different chain)
when buying the next packages to improve your hit rate for
the still-missing issues. Just a thought.

Regards,

Frank