DCML Digest Issue 27

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue Oct 26 16:07:28 CEST 2004

> From: "KUR" <ggk at wp.pl>
> And by the way : In "Heart's of Yukon" Goldie mention Mr. Benfield Stil,
> something bout Scrooge spend time telling here (when she was kidnap) some
> horrible Scottish Joke's.

????
That was in the Polish edition?!
That was something added by your local translator. Which is okay... but what
important dialogue may have been omitted by that inserted bit? Are you sure
the part about the abduction was not censored away? I hope your edition
didn't have the Mounties going to arrest $crooge for telling bad jokes!
Actually, Goldie only said two balloons to Steele (not "Stil"... the real
names of actual people should not be translated) -- the second one
originally contained a suggestive word play that might not have been
censored, maybe it was just untranslatable.
Okay, that's that -- now to Greece!