The Joke's on Scrooge (Re : DCML Digest Issue 27)

KUR ggk at wp.pl
Wed Oct 27 20:56:42 CEST 2004

>That was in the Polish edition?!

Yep.

>That was something added by your local translator. Which is okay... but
>what
>important dialogue may have been omitted by that inserted bit? Are you sure
>the part about the abduction was not censored away? I hope your edition
>didn't have the Mounties going to arrest $crooge for telling bad jokes!

"The Heart's of Youkon" The Polish Edision (page 8, panel 5) :

Goldie : "Hey Handsome! Year ago Mcduck drive me out to his place, and made
me to work for him! By a month I was force to rinse Gold in a cold stream
and even listen to his Scottish jokes! I will sing it"

Steele :  "What a brute!"

Sorry, I was thinking she propebly sed disame thing in the orginal story.

>Actually, Goldie only said two balloons to Steele (not "Stil"... the real
>names of actual people should not be translated)

I Polish tranletion his name is: "Samuel Benfield Stil". Maby the Translator
didn't notice this guy exist (wich is actualy hart to belive such pepole did
exist ist after the explosion he servaive, wich is my favorit gag in this
story ;-))

> Okay, that's that -- now to Greece!

Have a nice trip :-)

Yours