January 2005 Gemstone Comic Previews

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 09:56:07 CET 2004

Hi all!

Here are the previews for Gemstone comics to be released in January 2005 from
Previews Volume XIV #11:

Donald Duck Adventures #10 --- Three long Disney adventure stories: Donald in
"Cosmic Confrontation," in which the Ducks' new TV antenna picks up alien
broadcasts that reveal Earth is about to be invaded; Mickey in "The M Files,"
which embroils our hero in an X-Files type adventure; and Uncle Scrooge in
"Precious Metal Madness," in which the world's richest duck discovers he's allergic
to gold and silver! Cover art by William Van Horn. SC, 128 pages, FC $7.95

Donald Duck and Friends #324 --- Carl Barks' legendary tne-page story, "The
Duck in the Iron Pants," which pits Donald against his ever-resourceful
nephews, leads this issue. A modern Mickey story by Don Markstein and Cesar Feroli,
"Foes in Fellowship," and a modern Donald story, "The Swell of Success,"
completes the issue. 32 pages, FC $2.95

Mickey Mouse and Friends #273 --- "Why Spy?," a two-part Mickey Mouse
adventure (complete in this issue) by the popular team of Stefan Petrucha and Noel
Van Horn is the featured story. William Van Horn's classic DuckTales story, "The
Billion Bean Stampede," with Launchpad McQuack, Uncle Scrooge, and the
nephews, completes the issue. 32 pages, FC $2.95

Uncle Scrooge #338 --- Carl Barks' early Uncle Scrooge tale, "The Horseradish
Story," is featured this issue, and is backed up by "The Secret of Success,"
a long story featuring Scrooge and Brigitta MacBridge, written and drawn by
veretan Italian creator and fan favorite Roman Scarpa (Yahooooo!!!! Finally!). A
Daniel Branca Valentine cover wraps the book. 64 pages, FC $6.95

Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #650 --- "Duck of the Deep," a brand new
story created especially for Gemstone by Patrick and Shelly Block, leads this
issue, which is wrapped by a new cover by Block. A new Mickey story, a vintage
DuckTales story and classic Western stories featuring Li'l Bad Wolf (Bucky Bug
to LBW: I concede the fight! Never again will I grace WDC.") and Chip 'n' Dale
round out the book. 64 pages, FC $6.95
----------------------

Okay, now that we've got all that junk out of the way, let's get talking
about the real comics. Lizzie McGuire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzie McGuire Cine-Manga Volume 10 --- When Miranda thinks that she's
overweight, her eating habits begin to dwindle.... down to nothing! It's up to
Lizzie and Gordo to show Miranda her inner beauty before her new "diet" makes her
crash! Meanwhile, as students compete for the best-dressed award, Lizzie
decides that her wardrobe needs an extreme makeover. Will she dress for success? Or
is she in for a style meltdown? 96 pages, FC $7.99

The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement --- Mia has graduated from college
and is ready to take on her duties as Queen of Genovia. There's just one
problem - the law says she has to be married before she can rule! Mia has 30 days to
learn how to act like a queen, find a husband and get married...can she do
it? Or will handsome Lord Nicholas spoil her royal plans? 96 pages, FC $7.99

All in all, an interesting month. With Bucky Bug out of the way, Li'l Bad
Wolf is set for WDC domination. I hear that Chip 'n' Dale are next on his
hitlist. ;)

Questions: What prompted the new story from the Blocks? Gemstone still has a
ton of old stuff from Egmont it could print, so it's not for a lack of
material. The Blocks are great to me, so I'm looking forward to reading the story.
Also, the Mickey Mouse story is mentioned as being new (I assume in the same
sense as the Block's story is new). If so, who is involved in making that story?

Derek Smith