Finnish Donald duck Exhibit

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Fri Sep 3 09:30:38 CEST 2004

I saw the Finnish Donald Duck 70-year exhibit in Amsterdam (actually Amstelveen).  It is
well worth seeing.  There were lots of very funny and nicely painted oil paintings of
Ducks, and Marko Leppälä's collection was fantastic.  He had lots of original US Barks
comics, including original copies of giveaways: "Donald Duck Tells About Kites", and
"Donald Duck's Atom Bomb"!
I strongly suggest that if you're near Oslo, that you see it.

The Dutch Publishers (Sanoma Uitgevers) also had a very nice exhibit of artwork at all
stages (for Duck stories), as well as human-scale models of Gyro Gearloose's inentions
that appeared in the comic books.  It was great seeing the "Smile Suspender", "bicycle
powered stilt walker", "rocket Chair", "back scratcher" and others.  There was also a
human-scale model of Donald's
car.