DCML Digest, Vol 19, Issue 13 - Orange Juice Gags

BFOSTERLA@aol.com BFOSTERLA at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 12:29:32 CEST 2004

re:Today's Topics:

   1. Orange Juice (Lars Jensen)

Hi, Lars -
I wrote them in the format they appeared on the side of the orange juice
carton. As I recall, there was a "splash" panel (title panel) at the top, with
four panels beneath (maybe six), similar to the first page of a comic book story,
except that the proportions were slightly different to fit the shape of the
carton.

<<  Which characters were used?

I think one used the DuckTales characters, featuring the nephews and
Launchpad. Another was Donald and the nephews. And I think I did a third one that
featured Uncle Scrooge. I seem to remember one featuring Daisy Duck, too. So maybe
four all together. But as I think about this some more, I'm thinking there
MIGHT have been six gags. Now I'm not sure.

<< When were the gags made?

I'm guessing around 1991-92, maybe somewhere in there. If I get lucky and can
dig up one from my storage locker I can look for a date.

<< How many did you and Van Horn create? Were they all used?

I think I did three or four (or six?) and they were all used, but not all at
once. As I recall they appeared over a period of about a year.

<< And I assume Donald was the lead character in all of these. Right?

No. As I mentioned above, I think Launchpad was in one. Donald might have
been in the rest, along with Scrooge, and Daisy, but I'd have to find them to be
sure. Van Horn might know better than me.

Thanks for asking.

- Bob