Question about Uncle Scrooge 1950's comics

CybeleW@aol.com CybeleW at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 16:03:30 CEST 2004

Hello everyone. I joined the list because I have a question I'm hoping
someone can answer. I am not a comic book collector, but in fact I collect toy cash
registers.

I purchased two 1950's Uncle Scrooge comic books because they have cash
registers on the front. One is 1958 # 22 and has scrooge with a cash register
briefcase and the other is 1952 #2 and has Scrooge playing a cash register shaped
piano. Both published by Dell. This second one is the one I have a question
about which you can see a photo of on my Wish List page below.

http://www.supertechnogirl.com/wishlist.htm

I bought on eBay what appears to be a later reproduction of the 1952 comic,
with the same picture on the front but using a different colored background
which is pink. It was published by Whitman in the 1980's (based on dates inside)
and is numbered #183 although the original copyright date is inside.

I'd like to know why Disney printed a reproduction of this early comic. I h
ave never seen it before on eBay although I see the original fairly often.

Thanks very much for any thoughts!

~ Cybele

Cybèle Elaine Werts
http://www.supertechnogirl.com/

I suppose you'd have to say that my interest in the subject falls somewhere
between the land of hobbies and the Kingdom of Obsession.
~ Stephen King, in Everything's Eventual