Disney voices

CarmenG@aol.com CarmenG at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 06:26:27 CEST 2004

Hello--
the recent talk about voice talent and credits (or lack thereof) reminded me
of a question I have asked most of my life (which combines these two topics).
Does anyone know the name of the Disney announcer for most of its television
programs, trailers, and theme parks during the 1960s and 70s (and possibly
later)? He seems to have been the "official" voice of Disney during this period
of my growing up, but I have never seen his name credited. To me he was as much
a part of Disney as Donald Duck and (at that time) Dean Jones.
Sorry if this seems off-topic, but I've been wondering about this for too
long--I've always loved this man's voice. To make this more appropriate for the
list, I can repeat my idea from long ago concerning using Jimmy Weldon (voice
of Hanna-Barbera's Yakky Doodle) as a new voice for Donald Duck. This would
certainly make him more understandable while retaining his "Ducky" voice.
Does ANYONE know what I'm talking about?
It's late.... Sometimes I think I live in a world of trivia.

Carmen