Donald's car

Geir Hasnes g-hasne at online.no
Tue Sep 21 12:56:50 CEST 2004

In 1990 I was asked by the AmCar Club in Trondheim to write an article on Donald's car and other cars in Duckburg. From the Barks' drawings I came up with, the guys decided it should be made a replica to the show in May 1991 they were arranging. The car was a HUGE success and it was on loan for many years before being sold to a private person. The guy who owns it now occasionally loans it out in connection with Disney events. The last time I saw it and sat in it was during Donald's 70-year birthday party in Oslo in June. Anyone who wants to borrow it can talk to the Norwegian Donald Duck editors.
In 1991 I also made a booklet on the Duckburg cars and the real models behind, called Duckmobiles, which is still available. A few months ago I was asked to edit a new book in the Hall of Fame series, on Barks and his cars, and it was published in Norway in late July. It contains 150 pages of car stories by Barks and 32 pages or so with systematic editorial comments, including real car models. It is planned to be translated into other languages, as far as I know.
Geir Hasnes