Photostats zeldastriforce at
Mon Apr 18 19:41:47 CEST 2005

L. Schulte wrote:
To those wondering about the English word "stats": it is short for
"statistics".  (Your guess that it meant "photocopies" is not bad!)
Maybe I'm wrong here, but yes, 'stats' is short for statistics, but I doubt that was the context he was referring to.
I always thought that photostats were basically photographs either in negative or plate form that could then be used to tell the printer and/or computer how to print the comic pages. That's my theory anyway. ;) I now await the post that will tell me how way far off from the facts I really am.
Derek Smith