Other Stories

Anthony Vuono avuono at udel.edu
Wed Apr 20 23:01:17 CEST 2005

>Are there other stories that
>people on the list would like to see in a second Lo$ TPB?

    Personally, I do not think the "Dutchman's Secret" should be included in
any "Life of Scrooge" collection since it does not deal with Scrooge's past
but rather his "present." However, the only other story from the 1950s era
that I do believe merits consideration for such a collection is Rosa's "A
Little Something Special," the 50th anniversay masterpiece that pits Scrooge
against all the major villains of his life and contains such a beautiful
ending with Goldie. I view this tale as sort of an epilogue and conclusion
to the whole "Life of Scrooge" saga.
    As for future tradebacks, I do hope Gemstone decides to do a special
Barks/Rosa Yukon/Goldie collection one day, especially since Don Rosa is now
working on Chapter 8B. I think that could sell really well, and all those
related stories, both past and present, flow together as they are based off
one another. Anyways, that is just one of my many ideas. In the meantime, I
await with great anticipation the publications that Gemstone has lined up
for us this summer!!!
Sincerely,
Anthony