Numerous questions and comments about Gemstone

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Thu Apr 28 11:12:20 CEST 2005

Lars Jensen wrote:

> What kind of person would post a
> blanket statement like the one quoted above on a message board where
> several of said creators and publishers are members? Do you also phone
> up TV writers and tell them they suck if you don't like their work?
> Somehow I doubt it.

This is not a good comparison. The DCML is not like a "phone" where you
contact creators personally. It's a public mailing list, so more like a
"TV". The fact that some of the people who read a critique were the ones
criticised, is not relevant.
Of course, general rules of politeness apply, like everywhere else.

> Just telling creators their work sucks won't lead to better stories.

Getting better stories is not the main goal of DCML.

Personally, I hate to look at Bancells' artwork.
But that sentence is not directed at Bancells personally, nor do I
expect that he will change his artwork because of that.

--Harry.