New Rosa Story Ideas

Anthvvuono@aol.com Anthvvuono at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 02:59:19 CEST 2005

To list:
    All this talk of a new Don Rosa story always gets  me excited. Though in
the meantime, I am thrilled about "Prisoner of White Agony  Creek" too and
what new facets of the Goldie/Scrooge relationship it holds. Out  of the stories
I want Mr. Rosa to do, this was indeed high on my list  previously. However,
my suggestions for others coincide with previous posts, and  some are my own
wishful thinking.
1.) The return of Hortense McDuck: I would love to see one  day if and how
Don would tackle this one. While I love having Matilda reconciled  with Scrooge,
a future story involving all three of them on an adventure again  would be
awesome. My own theory is that she disappeared in 1947, when Donald  decided to
work with Scrooge, whom she would despise (even more so than Matilda  because
of her hot temper) at that point in time. Donald's new relationship with  his
uncle would create a rift with his mother, and she would move away from
Duckburg or just stay out of his life. To me, this explains why we haven't seen
her in any Barks/Rosa stories. As to what happened to her husband as  well, I
got nothing there, unless he probably died from old  age. Anyway, this is the
best I could come up with until Rosa decides to  tackle the subject (hope soon).
2.) Della and Whoever Duck: What the heck happened to  Huey, Dewey, and
Louie's parents? I cannot even come up with a personal opinion  on that one. If any
modern day Duck artist/writer can, it should be Rosa, of  course, since he
knows and has done the history of the McDucks/Ducks to near  perfection. Like
#1, he repeatedly says he won't do this story now if ever, but  I think it can
serve as a breakthrough in modern Duck comics if tackle and be  extremely
interesting. Even if it ends in a sad way, it would at least tell us  why the boys
no longer stay with their parents or see them. Again, put this on  my dream
list.
3.) Return of Matilda McDuck to Duckburg: I would LOVE  most definitely if
this would be Rosa's next story. Even if it in no way  involved my #1 idea, I
think it would be very cool just to see her  again....maybe go on some kind of
adventure with Scrooge and the gang or have a  role in a future Black Knight
story. Maybe, the master thief would kidnap  her and hold her for ransom.....
4.) The origins of Magica DeSpell/Italian adventure: How  and why did she
become a sorceress? I don't know if any story currently explains  this. I do
recall an interview from several years ago, where Rosa stated it was  intention to
do an Italian epic with the Ducks in the foreseeable future. Maybe,  such a
tale could incorporate this information.
5.) Grandma Duck anniversary story:According to  the D.U.C.K.H.U.N.T.
website, it's Grandma's 150th birthday this year.  Maybe a tale centered on her
character (maybe even referring to both her father  and mother) could be done next
if Rosa thinks that's a worthy commemoration.
6.) Black Knight story: Like you guys, I'm up for another  one as well.
However, I'm still waiting to read Rosa's new one in America, so I  can wait on
this idea for a while. However, if Rosa does it next, it likely  won't be
published here for another two years, when it would indeed be time for  a possible
another addition/sequel.
7.) Donald/Daisy story: Is there relationship always  playful or will it ever
become serious? I think some further exploration of  their on-again-off-again
romance would be cool.
8.) Gladstone's parents: I think a story involving  Gladstone's parents would
be cool, even if they appear only in cameo form.
9.) Beagle women: Maybe some things are better left unsaid  or explained, but
who and what type of women would marry the Beagle Boys, and  why haven't
we've seen them before except for Ma Beagle off camera in the "Life  of Scrooge"
series? This is not that important to me to know but could be fun to  see.
***More Flintheart Glomgold contests, visits to other countries/treasure
hunt adventures, Beagle Boy screw ups, and "Life of Scrooge" episodes are always
welcome though.

Ok, for now, there is my grand Rosa wish list. I realize that some of these
topics for stories may not be in the cards, nevertheless I can only hope and
muse about the possibilities. Also, I'm sure there are tales that Rosa has yet
 to do, which may well surprise us and confound the wanted/expected. In other
 words, whatever he produces next and down the road until retirement is fine
with  me.