Font used in Walt Disney Comics & Stories #616

David Gerstein gdavid at gemstonepub.com
Mon Aug 22 19:23:18 CEST 2005

	Hey Jeremy,

> I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the computer font that
> Gladstone used in some of Walt Disney Comics & Stories #616.  It wasn't
> Whizbang or the Donaldists Barks Font, although it did look very much like
> a Carl Barks lettering style.
> If someone could tell me where this font could be purchased or even knows
> the name of it I would be very grateful.

	This font is "Plain Awful," a Macintosh Barks-alike font that I
designed at a time when the Donaldists were not yet distributing theirs.
	At this point, I'd love to know why I chose to use a Barks font for
a Mickey Mouse story... but I can't always explain why I did what I did nine
years ago...

	I can give it to you for free if you'd like (contact me privately),
the only stipulation being that you please credit me if you use it in a
professional publication. Thanks very much for liking it enough to enquire
after it! (-:

	Best, David