Another Disney list?

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Tue Feb 8 17:47:43 CET 2005

Germund Silvegren wrote:

>Steven brings up something that's been bothering me for for quite
>some time. I have collected Disney comics for 20 years and gladly
>discuss them with people I know. Yet I hardly read the DCML digests
>any longer, as practically all that's discussed here deals with
>Barks' and Rosa's stories. Both of them are artistic heroes of mine,
>but I would personally find much more active interest in a forum
>where people were also interested in other Disney comics.

Mailing Lists are hardly then optimal for your needs. You really cannot
control what kind of material comes to your mailbox (like the mail I
wrote yesterday). Instead a forum would work better. Something along the
lines of DCML-talk (http://www.dcml-talk.org/list.php?f=1). Drawback is
that you must remember to visit the webpage in order to read and
contribute. Picking the interesting subjects should be easy as you can
follow only the threads you are interested in and do not get bombed by
mails that attack someone. Additionally, administrators could delete
offending messages before most of the people even see them.

Since DCML-talk seems to be quite quiet, maybe Cord would  like to try
out how it works as an alternative place to talk disney-comics? At least
it has been a really good athmosphere-wise. I wouldn´t mind using forum
like that myself. I really have no need to store all these mails to my
mailbox and takes a lot of time to sort out what to keep and to throw to
trash can. Usually I just delete everything about twice a year, because
I am so lazy...