Passing of Jack L. Chalker

Wil subdural at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 06:46:55 CET 2005

Jack L. Chalker - noted science fiction author has passed away on
February 11, 2005.

http://www.jackchalker.com/news.htm

He also published/authored the very limited and hard to find :

2. AN INFORMAL BIOGRAPHY OF $CROOGE McDUCK, Mirage Press, 1974. Done
before Scrooge had a TV series and with the cooperation of McDuck
creator Carl Barks, I have never given up hope of illustrating an
edition with Barks panels in spite of Disney's refusals to date. With
the upsurge in interest over McDuck thanks to the TV series we'll get
a new edition out at some point. I offered it to Another
Rainbow/Gladstone but they decided it wasn't big enough for them. If I
can find someone else to distribute, a new edition is not out of the
question.

This was taken from his website - under the topic of novelties about
3/4 of the way down the page.

http://www.jackchalker.com/jlc-bib.htm

As far as I know, this was one of the first publications to
damned good author :)  I will miss him greatly.

Wilson M. Bernhardt, MD