AW: Some legal concepts

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Tue Jan 4 18:29:34 CET 2005

Stefan wrote:

> Scanning might be legal after 75 years, though.

I am planning to still be around when Don Rosa's works enter the public domain. As the early Gottfredson's already have and the Barks' are going to when I retire :-)

Another legal question: Which country's copyright law applys for works created abroad? Let us say a Disney comic is created in Italy by an Italian creator for the Italian Disney publisher. Does Italian copyright law apply or U.S. copyrigt law?

Cord