Death in Disney comics

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 09:13:12 CEST 2005

Hi all!

Note: slight spoiler to Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, though I assume
nearly everyone reading this has either read it or knows about this aspect of the
series.

After reading the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck TPB, the deaths of
Scrooge's parents led me to wonder how has death been portrayed in other Disney comic
stories. Being Disney comics, I assume it hasn't/can't show up in the form of
murder or anything gruesome like that (perhaps some very early 30's
Gottfredson strips?), but I wonder if death has ever had an element in Disney stories
in the form of illness, natural causes, etc. I couldn't really think of any
examples beyond LO$, so perhaps some of you will.

Derek Smith