Florida

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Thu Jun 2 11:17:17 CEST 2005

Arthur:

> I was in Walt Disney World this month
> And, this may have been mentioned before, there
> was a statue of Cornelius Coot at Mickey's Toontown in the
> Magic Kingdom, slightly smaller than the 'real' one. ;o)

Last time I was there was in 1990, and at the time the little town
wasn't called Mickey's Toontown yet (I forgot what it *was* called...).
The statue they had there seems to be different from the current one
(Coot was not standing on corn).

BTW1: in 1990, the "town" also had a street named "Barks & Nash".

BTW2: the Dutch comics museum in Groningen also has a Coot statue.

> I also found a half page of the German Donald Duck story Der
> Ausflug nach Key West (GA 3-84) framed on the wall inside the
> kitchen of Ernest Hemingway's House in Key West.

Apparently (looking at your photographs) it's not an original (half)
page, but an enlarged print of 3 strips from a page of the story (in
colour and with German lettering).

--Harry.