Thanks

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Mon Jun 13 19:23:54 CEST 2005

> I would also like to thank Gary in general for all of the many
> times he contributes to the list, answers questions raised on the
> list, etc.  The mailing list is very lucky to have someone at Gemstone
> who is so open and kind to us fans.  I just want you to know Gary how
> much I appreciate that.  I am sure *many* other members on the list
> feel the same as I do.  Thanks again!

Thank you for that kind acknowledgment, Dean. As I'm sure many folks
on this list know by now, I'm not as closely associated with Gemstone
as I used to be. Back in the spring of '04 my wife Susan and I
decided to relinquish our salaried positions and return to the
freelance life we'd come to enjoy during the Disney comics hiatus.
While we're still "with the firm" on that basis, we're not longer
right at the center of the action.

On the other hand, someone who did wind up pretty much at the center
of the Gemstone action not long after Sue and I left is our colleague
and long-time DCML member David Gerstein, whose credentials I
scarcely need to recite. Can't think of anyone more capable of
keeping everyone informed - and steered straight - on what's going on
with current US Disney comics. (And I won't even pretend that I've
ever had the in-depth knowledge of Disney comics that he's always had.)

Gary