DCML Digest, Vol 28, Issue 20 (Bruce Hamilton)

kimba1962@comcast.net kimba1962 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 21 18:26:31 CEST 2005

I'd like to throw in my 2 cents (or euros, for the EU folks) on the passing of Bruce Hamilton.  It is to Mr. Hamilton that I owe my interest in Disney comics, not just because of the Gladstone line, but also due to the CARL BARKS LIBRARY project from Another Rainbow.  Even before "Gladstone 1" blasted off in '86, I had purchased several sets of the CBL and had become hooked on Barks' world for good.  "Gladstone 2" was a far bumpier ride, aesthetically speaking -- and, despite Disney's continual interference, a number of the jolts were self-inflicted -- but Hamilton should be remembered with affection for stepping forward and resurrecting the American Disney comic at a time when no one else was willing to do so.  RIP, Bruce.

Chris Barat

--
The Barat's Home Page -- watch for weekly updates!http://home.comcast.net/~kimba1962