Don Rosa Hall of Fame

timo ronkainen timoro at
Wed Jun 22 16:48:01 CEST 2005

Hello, all!

I wonder if this piece of news was ever annonced here? (sorry, if this has
already been here).

HALL of FAME awarded

Egmont Serieforlaget in Denmark receives award from children’s jury for
classic comic book.

Yesterday, Editor Michael Tjellesen collected an award for HALL of FAME, Don
Rosa 1. The award called ORLA was given by a children’s jury from Danish
public TV station DR in the category “Best Comic Book”.

More than 19,000 children have been involved in nominating the comic books
in the competition, which also included Egmont’s W.I.T.C.H., nominated in
the same category as HALL of FAME.
- The jury was very thrilled with the colors and funny stories in our comic
book – so we won, says Charlotte Raun, Product Manager in Egmont

>From Egmont's Kids and Teens news page

Children Know Best

Under the slogan ”Vote for a Book, You Sorry Sod,” the Children & Young
Adult Department of the Danish Broadcasting Corporation handed out the first
Danish children’s book award, the Orla award, in which children and young
adults selected the authors they believed should be honored for the year’s
best children’s books.

18,392 children voted for their favorites in four categories: picture book,
children’s book, book for young adults, and comic book.
Winning as best picture book: Kaj & Andrea - Hurra vi skal i skole (Kaj &
Andrea – Hurray, We’re Going to School) by Katrine Hauch-Fausbøll,
illustrated by Sussi Bech.
The best children’s book: Sagen om det blodige vampyrtrick (The Case of the
Bloody Vampire Trick) by Dennis Jürgensen.
Best book for young people: Himmelherren: Drengen med de violette øjne (The
Lord of Heaven: The Boy with the Violet Eyes) by Kenneth Bøgh Andersen and,
finally, best comic book: Hall of Fame: Don Rosa from the Walt Disney

The prize was awarded at a special Orla ceremony, broadcast directly by DR
on April 27. The Orla Prize is a collaboration between the Danish
Broadcasting Corporation and the Reading is Fun campaign, being conducted by
the Danish Ministry of Culture, the Danish Ministry of Education and the
Danish Ministry for Family and Consumer Affairs. The Danish Literature
Centre, part of the Danish Arts Agency, is on the steering committee for
Reading is Fun.

Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -
Timo Ronkainen ---------------- -
YO-kylä 52 A 26 --------------- -