Bomer Affair

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Mon Mar 14 00:18:06 CET 2005

Dear friends in the DCML,

I apologize in advance to those people who are sick and tired of this
whole issue. I am tired too, in fact this is probably the last message I
will ever write to comment Daniel van Eijmeren's (DvE from hence on)
actions on this list. Its a long message, but I hope you will read it.
There are few surprises included.

In past few days I've lost the last bits of respect I had for DvE.
Despite his activity and undeniable knowledge about Carl Barks he has
became nothing more than an anarchist. An anarchist who uses every
little trick he can to make Don Rosa look bad.

This whole ”Bomer Affair” is a farce par to none.

In my mind, I am 99.9% sure that DvE is himself Bomer. To me whole
affair is some kind attempt to hurt Rosa's reputation or more likely DvE
is a on some self-destructive journey. I got an email from Don Rosa on
7th of February. In it he showed me the very same Bomer-letter and
expressed his suspicions that Daniel might be behind it. It was just too
absurd to be true. I immediately agreed. Ever since I've feared DvE will
try to do something with it on his personal and very public crusade
against Don Rosa. I hoped a few short replies would once again shut him
up, but I fear now is the time to finally confront him and go into the
details. You are free to disagree, but here's why I think DvE is behind
the letter. I think many of you have come to same conclusion, but
decided to be quiet about, once again deciding to just ignore DvE's
ramblings.

If you, fellow members, read the said Bomer letter, it is pretty
obviously written by someone who is actually trying set a trap for Don.
”Bomer”wanted Don to reply with something he could later use against him
publicly, probably on this list.

You can detect the poorly hidden spite behind every sentence of the letter:

- Bomer barfing on the magazine containing ”Trash and Treasure” because
it was so good? That is just ridiculous.

- Bomer belittling Barks's ”rather common fairy-tale world”: another
bait, probably made in hopes Don would say something bad about Carl.

- Then there is this part: ”For example a very close friend of mine,
that used to be a big fan of yours is now talking bullshit about your
work sometimes, and I hate him
for that. Don't wanna see him anymore.” - Description fits DvE.

I believe whole Bomer character is just caricature of stupid Rosa-fan as
the writer sees them. Rather insulting even, since he seems to think
that Don and rest of us are actually stupid enough to fall for this scam.

Don replied to Bomer's strange message as he would to any fan. He
thanked him for writing and politely told Bomer just to ignore those
cranks whose criticism seemed to so upset him as he himself does. In
case that DvE was behind the letter, Don set a bait. He told about his
problems with Dutch publisher (whom DvE always vocally defends, even
when they omit credits and such), he also mentioned actually seeing only
one Netherlander who fits Bomer's description of "nasty dutch comic
fans" and that his name was Daniel something or other. Don asked if such
person was one of those who Bomer was referring to. This should not have
bothered a honest fan one bit, but what if it was someone we all know
behind it...

You probably all remember the strange message DvE sent the list on 4.
February. In it he told us about mental problems that some Don's
messages to him FOUR YEARS AGO had caused him. What was that all about?
Makes no sense? It might once you know that this message was sent to ML
only HOURS after Bomer got his first reply from Don Rosa. What a
coincidence, don't you think? This had allegedly bothered DvE for four
years and then he decides to come out with only hours after Bomer got a
message from Rosa. There is no way Bomer could have contacted DvE at
that time span, especially when Bomer at that point had no problem
(according to DvE) with Rosa's reply, it was that second reply that made
Bomer to "spread the letter in the internet".

Now, DvE claims that ”Bomer” is spreading the letter across internet in
hopes of figuring out what Don Rosa meant by addressing him as Daniel.
Well, once again why on earth would Bomer do that? Is he just so stupid?
I think he is, because I believe he is Daniel trying to make a fool of
us all. Let me ask you: has anyone seen Bomer spreading this thing
around? Can anyone google his name? Can he be found writing in that
Dutch McDuck-fan page? Bomer also uses a yahoo-email address, anyone can
make one, so it is popular among those nice people who want to pose as
someone else.

Earlier today DvE again continued to beg attention. Now he told us he
has somehow obtained the replies he was so craving for. Even that won't
make him shut up. He has everything he originally asked for in front of
him. Yet, he still goes on. Why? Because he has not attained his goal,
which is something altogether different that he claims to. Daniel makes
references to ”reports” and ”Bomer correspondence”, he even has ”some
printouts”. He is making two emails by Rosa (other consisting of one
sentence) to sound like they are reports from Warren Commission.

Then there is this mysterious deep throat who apparently provided DvE
with Bomer's original letter, and yet is afraid that Don commits a
suicide if he provides DvE the rest! If there really is someone who
provided him with the original message, he obviously chose his friends
poorly by confiding to Daniel. DvE at least makes him to look like total
bozo. All Rosa fans always seem to be total bozos if you read any of DvE
messages.

Its my belief that DvE started the whole thing based on a poorly
constructed lie. Since Don figured it out the minute he read Bomer's
message, it was doomed to fail from the beginning. DvE still tried to
pull it through by offering us only certain tidbits of information.
After couple of comments against him, he just couldn't help himself and
revealed enough for us all to see that it was him who posed as someone
else all along. He knew stuff that only Bomer himself would know. I've
seen Rosa's replies and DvE told us everything said in them before he
supposedly got his hands on them. He just bended them to his own needs.

With his constant libel (written slander, had to check that on
dictionary) DvE breaks the law – and even jeopardizes the DCML while
doing it. Why? Because should Don want to sue Daniel for this, it
wouldn't be just Daniel who would be held responsible. Axe would fall
also on Per Starback, since he is legally responsible for everything
that is written here. Now, if I was Per and simply would not have time
or interest to moderate the list, I would probably just close it down.
Who would want to take responsibility for DvE's antics?

DvE probably thinks he is terribly clever, and that we all are terribly
stupid. If you agree with my reasoning above, I have to ask you: Do you
really want to have a person like this on this list? I suggest everyone
who has a moment to write to Per - or otherwise think would you like to
see more of these disgusting messages appearing on YOUR list? This is
not DvE's personal playground, even if it sometimes appears to be. Its
up to you to decide who leaves: you, me, DvE? At least I have decided to
leave this list, unless DvE gets promptly banned. I do not wish to have
anything to do with people like him. If someone tries to deceive me like
that, it just insults my intelligence. I don't want to be involved in
any way with people like that.

Daniel: It is my firm belief that you tried to trick Don, who set an
innocent trap to see if it was you. You fell for it and still tried to
use it against him. You failed miserable, showing us all that you are
Bomer or in this with him. There really is no other explanation. There
are just more coincidences than in a Barks story. Checkmate, game over,
you lose.