A question for the Swedish members

Germund Silvegren germund_s at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 15:03:44 CET 2005

Niels wrote:
>In the early issues of the Danish "Anders And & Co." it says that
the text has been >translated and edited by a wellknown Danish
professor. Likewise, a teacher/writer >of children's books is
credited as translator/editor in the Norwegian "Donald Duck & >Co."
Could you tell me if it says in the early issues of "Kalle Anka &
Co." that they >were approved/edited/translated/guaranteed by a
Swedish educationalist/writer/>professor?

They were. Axel Norbeck, who translated the Swedish Donald Duck
magazines 1948-1957(?) had a very good reputation. I believe the
indica said, freely translated, that "the text is translated, edited
and adapted for the Swedish audience by teacher Axel Norbeck, a well
know pedagogue". Stefan Diös, the current translator of Swedish
Donald Duck, is probably the one who'd be able to supply you with
more information. I'll send you his mail adress in a private mail.
/Germund