"Donald Duck and the Gilded Man" version with Mickey Mouse

deanmary deanmary at zoominternet.net
Tue May 10 21:55:50 CEST 2005

I read the "The Rare Stamp Search" illustrated by Paul Murry and
starring Mickey and his nephew when I was a kid.  It was only years
later that I read "Donald and the Gilded Man" and realized that the
Mickey story was a very close copy of Barks' Gilded Man.  According to
INDUCKS, the Mickey story by Paul Murray was not written until 8 years
later.  Does anyone know the story or have any background of how this
Donald story became a Mickey story?  Thanks!

Dean Rekich