Florida

Arthur arthur at wolfstad.com
Fri May 27 11:48:45 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was in Walt Disney World this month and found Gemstone's Disney comics in
two places: The King's Gallery inside Cinderella's castle in the Magic
Kingdom and in the Art of Disney store in Downtown Disney's Marketplace.
Each of the two shops had a pile of Walt Disney Comics & Stories #655 and
Donald Duck Adventures #11. Several international Disney comics were also on
display in the museum One Man's Dream at MGM-Studios. And, this may have
been mentioned before, there was a statue of Cornelius Coot at Mickey's
Toontown in the Magic Kingdom, slightly smaller than the 'real' one. ;o)

I also found a half page of the German Donald Duck story Der Ausflug nach
Key West (GA 3-84) framed on the wall inside the kitchen of Ernest
Hemingway's House in Key West. The rest of the house was full with things
that Mr. Hemingway collected in his life, such as paintings and a cat
sculpture he received from Pablo Picasso, so this comic page seemed a bit
out of place. Unfortunately I forgot to ask our tour guide about the comic
page. Does anyone here know how the comic page got there?

You can find some photos here: http://www.wolfstad.com/dcw/florida/

Kind regards,
Arthur