Shakespeare

David Gerstein ramapith at verizon.net
Sun May 29 23:56:51 CEST 2005

	Hey Fredrik,

> Also, if someone could direct me to more comics which relates to
> Shakespeare that would be very helpful.

	I don't have a lot of references here, but Gottfredson's "Great
Orphanage Robbery" (1932) has a sequence with Horace bragging to
Clarabelle about his skills as an actor, specifying Hamlet as one of
his greatest roles. Clarabelle, as usual, is skeptical.

	(Paraphrased...)
	H: "You shoulda heard me sayin'... 'There's somethin' rotten in the
state of Denmark!'"
	C: Yeah! And I'll bet YOU were IT!

	No Disney research project would really be complete without at least
ONE reference to Floyd Gottfredson... (-:

	David