Duck Family Tree (to Lars, Jans and everybody)

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Fri Nov 25 00:42:09 CET 2005

Hi!
Yes, Lars, I'm still working on this duck family tree, but i've not very much
time these days... But i'm trying to update it, I don't know when it'll be
done, though...

I kind of stoped any disney activities last year, after I should have met Don
Rosa, the picsou magazine team, olivier and françois, and maybe cavazzano at
Angoulèmes Comics festival, and couldn't because this stupid French trains
strike, and I was so disgusted!!! and also because of the huge amount of homework
I'm given with my studies in graphic arts, advertising and edition...
But, working on a study I had to make in Art History, about the art of
Austrian Photorealist Gottfried Helnwein (
http://coa.inducks.org/creator.php/x/Gottfried+Helnwein/date ; http://www.helnwein.com/ ) and the American Rocker and
Artist Marilyn Manson, I found in Helnwein's website a quite good interview of
him with Carl Barks, which made me retie with my first love : Disney Ducks!!!
I think everybody who loves Donald and mickey should have a look at this
artist's wonderful work. Children, I think you should watch some of these works
with your parents with you to give you an authorization and to explain his work
which can be very shocking some time, and hard to understand without a solid
knowledge of the historial and social context but Helnwein's work is definitely
very fine and  interresting...

About the tree, I think I'll add scrooge's great grandfather who appears in
ducktales episode "the curse of castle mduck (after barks' hound of the
whiskerville), and a bunch of other characters people sent to me, I definitely don't
want to give up with this tree, and every contribution will be welcome :-)

Did you guys know that seafoam mcduck appeared in another ducktales episode?
(btw for those who are interrested, a dvd box of the 27 first episodes has
been eventually released!!!)

Lars, I've been told that there was another story with douglas and whitewater
... how do you explain that they're related??

I'll send other questions about tons of missing relatives soon...

Jans, you should not consider relations between characters from different
stories and creators (Hugh and detlef, for instance) as facts, but as
suggestions, as i'm just a fan, not an official disney comics creator!!

Best regards from France, where weather is getting very cold... brrrrr...
Gilles