My Wish Come True

Anthony Vuono avuono at udel.edu
Mon Oct 17 02:21:55 CEST 2005

Hey List:
    According to the D.U.C.K.M.A.N. website, "Word is now out that a
"Lo$-II" softcover-book including all Lo$ B-chapters will be published by
Gemstone during 2006. Gemstone also seems to have plans about publishing a
hardcover-book with all Lo$-chapters (original+B-chapters) ca. 2007."
    I consider this great news, if this is true (anyone from Gemstone
confirm?). I do love the softcover books and intend to purchase the second
one in 2006. I think they both serve as a great means to introducing people
to the world of Disney comics through Don Rosa and then Carl Barks.
    However, for us rabid fans AND collectors, a hardcover book collecting
almost everything today associated with the "Life of Scrooge," including the
new upcoming chapter 8-B story, just sounds wonderful, and it feels complete
(in my opinion). The only problem occurs if and when Don Rosa decides to do
further "in-between" chapters of the series at or after 2007 (provided he
still is writing and drawing for a long time to come I hope), then that
hardcover edition becomes lacking once again. That being said though, it
would be complete as of now and no Rosa "Life of Scrooge" collection could
ever become truly "finished" for a good number of years, I'm sure.
Certainly, I'm so excited at both of these project plans, even though 2
years seems so far away. What do people here think?
Sincerely,
Anthony