Ludwig and Matilda

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at student.rug.nl
Wed Apr 12 21:20:28 CEST 2006

Gilles Maurice:

> After the quarrel between Scrooge and his sisters in 1930 > [...]

According to "A Letter from Home" (as shown on a diagram
on the first panel of page 31, one-part-version) the
quarrel took place in 1932.

[Due to variations in different Lo$-translations, there
has been some debate about the exact date of the quarrel
and the implications this has for Donald's age. Maybe Don
put in that date to settle this question.]

> In 1955, as shown in "A Letter From Home", 25 years after
> the quarrel [...]

When the quarrel took place in 1932, ALFH must be situated
in 1957, which corroborates with my earlier assumption
that ALFH had to take place after January 1957:

http://nafsk.se/pipermail/dcml/2003-November/020020.html
http://nafsk.se/pipermail/dcml/2003-November/020127.html
(Messages by me, figuring out a date for "Crown" and
ALFH.)

And please note that a possible marriage between Ludwig
and Matilda still isn't stated in canon. Moreover,
according to "Kids is kids" Ludwig is a bachelor. If
Ludwig and Donald have common ancestors (according to "The
Family Tree Spree", according to you), then Ludwig doesn't
*need* to be married to Matilda to be Donald's "uncle"
(although maybe only in the loose sense of "senior male
family member").

http://nafsk.se/pipermail/dcml/2004-April/021389.html
(Message by Daniel J. Neyer, stating Ludwig is a
bachelor.)

Anyway, these are just my two cents on the subject and
most of it has already been recounted on various
occasions. You are of course invited to disagree on the
matter. I admire the amount of work you put in your
family-tree research.

Greetings from Michiel Prior.