"Reply-to" in list e-mails

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Wed Apr 19 03:51:48 CEST 2006

On 2006?  4 19 () 1:30 am, H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl wrote:
> Nuno:
>
>> Would it be possible to add a "Reply-To: dcml at nafsk.se" header to all
>> messages in order to solve this?
>
> Try to find a button that says "reply to all". Most mail programs should
> have such a button somewhere.

In that case the mail will be sent to both the sender of the original
message *and* to the list, which means that the former gets two copies of
the mail.  I find this very annoying, so I usually try to insert the
list's address in the reply-to field manually for my mails (possible in
Mozilla/SeaMonkey/Thunderbird but not in the webmail program I'm using
right now).  This way I also won't have the problem with lots of replies
to my mails going only to me and not to the mailing list, so it means less
forwarding of mails for me.

Stefan