"Reply-to" in list e-mails

Nuno J. Silva (aka NJSG) nunojsg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 01:57:03 CEST 2006

A 20-04-2006 16:45, H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl escreveu:
> Nuno:
>

>>I think
>>setting the "Reply-To" header in the e-mailing list program
>>would help
>>avoiding some issues (e.g. messages going directly to
>>personal e-mails that should have been addressed to DCML).
>

> This has been discussed here, years ago.

I didn't know that, I wasn't in DCML. :-)

> The reply-to is not set to the list, to avoid that PRIVATE messages go
> to the DCML list by mistake.
> This is worse than the other way around!

You're right. I've never thought about that possibility. I apologise.

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka NJSG)
Lisbon, Portugal

Using Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7
Gentoo Linux -- Linux 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 i686 Mobile Pentium II
Intel Pentium II (80686) Deschutes - 334Mhz -- 256 Mbs SDRAM
Intel Mobile Pentium II (80686) - 300 Mhz -- 64 Mbs SDRAM
Intel Pentium (80586) - 166 Mhz -- 32 Mbs RAM

-=-=-
``Steve Balmer, CEO of Microsoft, recently referred to LINUX as a
cancer. Unsurprisingly, that's incorrect; LINUX was released on August
25th, 1991 and is therefore a virgo.''
  -- Kevin L