Need help finding a Donald book...

BJ Wanlund bj_wanlund at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 30 13:01:34 CEST 2006

I liked the Gladstone USA comics, but one certain
comic book stands out for me from that era.  It is
Donald Duck Adventures #29, with several Donald
stories, one where Don is a tour guide and he has to
fly (literally!) back to Duckburg for a lottery prize,
and another where Donald is a pizza delivery duck.
Bill Van Horn's recent "The Perils of Pie" kind of
reminds me of that pizza delivery Donald story he did
in that book.

I am a disorganized mess, however.  I need to find
this elusive Donald book, preferably in a comic shop
with tons and tons of back issues.  I need your help,
guys.  I need to ask you guys this: Since Gladstone
isn't printing those anymore, is Gemstone planning on
reprinting the old Gladstone/Another Rainbow Duck
books like DDA and DD (which imho is better than the
new-fangled "Donald Duck and Friends" because it was
all Donald, all the time)?  There was no Mickey
stories whatsoever in those books, plus the old DDs
had Taliaferro strips, some of my very favorites in
the sheer body of Duck works.

I await those answers, you guys.  You are much more
knowledgeable than I.

BJ Wanlund